So the Apple iPad generated a huge amount of interest and attention. I've managed to play with one for about 3 weeks now, sufficient time to talk about it authoritatively.
- Its fast and highly responsive
- The screen size is right - a 7" would be too small
- Gestures are a more intuitive method to browse / peruse information
- The battery life is brilliant - almost a full week, with an hour or three use per day
- its fundamentally unusable when not connected to the Internet
- Most apps are still not multi-tasking / threaded compatible
- It has no camera for video conferencing
- The video out is controlled on an app-level
- There is no USB interface to get content onto it
- You're in this diminishingly exclusive club of posers
if you wanting to use it a a computer replacement, it isn't. If you're using it a tool to augment content consumption, its ideal. Overall, is it worth R7000 ? Nope.